Friday, April 8, 2011
learning & loving motherhood
Since becoming a mother back in September of 2007, I have clung to the advice of other moms. I joined a moms play group in Febuary of 2008, and have surrounded myself with many different types of mothers. Some work out of the home, some work in the home, some don't work , unless you call staying at home and taking care of your children, house, and husband work? I do! I have clung to all the advise that I got, trying to sort out the good and bad by observing how their kids behaved. I also have remembered what works for one kid and or mother may not work for another. Some how in the past few years I have found myself interacting with some moms that seem to have lost the meaning of good parenting. I am a strong believer that some woman are meant to be stay at home moms, and others are better of in the work place. I fully respect those that choose there decision and for good reason. Like many others I have always wanted to be a SAHM. Also like many others, I never realized how hard it is. While I know that it is more than I thought I was out for I want to do the best that I can, and have my kids really enjoy their childhoods. I also want to raise them to be respectful, honest, and caring. I seem to be doing a pretty good job, if I may say so myself. I am always getting complement of how well behaved & well mannered they are. ( they are 18 months and 3 1/2) It really bothers me when I see mothers so stressed out that they neglect their children, and by neglect I don't mean neglect, as in child abuse, im gonna call CPS. I mean neglect in the sense that they don't interact with their kids other than to yell at them. the kids are forced to play away from adult areas, and with out parents playing with them. I will admit, there was a time that when I was adjusting to the change of becoming a parent of 2 that I was stressed out beyond what I ever imagined motherhood being like, and I didn't know how moms of multiples did it. Being surrounded by all that negativity from other moms didn't help. I have recently decided to remove myself from that negativity, and am trying to find more mothers that actually enjoy beings moms. The talk of #3 has been a major topic of conversation between my husband & I lately, and by lately i mean, hes been pushing the issue since my son was born in 2009. Up until recently, I would have run away screaming, but now I am starting to really like the idea. Yes, the first year will be very tiring, but it goes by fast, and I love seeing my little ones personalities grow and develop. I no longer get caught up in the gossip or complaints . I focus on being a good mother. I play with them, cuddle with them, and enjoy their company. The house cleaning comes second. I have taken on the job, that is of a SAHM, and I am learning to love it, not because I have to, but because I want to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment