Sunday, April 10, 2011

other people living my (their) life

As a part of my transition from old me, to new - I have noticed that I have been sitting at home feeling overwhelmed and sad, when other people I know are off doing things that I want to do.  I have always suffered a bit with depression ever since high school, but have learned to live or deal with it. When my second child was born 18 months ago, I think I developed a stronger depression. Not sure if you would call it postpartum or not. It came on more after my son was 3 months old. (I'm going off track for this post)....

... I have been sitting at home wanting to write, wanting to take photos, wanting to get organized, and while I have been wanting, I've been scattered brained to the point that If I could not decide what to do, then I would not do anything at all. 

I am now taking steps to do things, not only will I keep a better home, but I will begin working towards things that I  want to do. As a wife and a mother, it comes natural to put others first. With the idea of a 3rd child in mind, I told my husband, I want to focus on me before getting pregnant again. I want to start writing (which I am, even if blogging more than "booking", its a start). I want to get my house organized, I keep saying if I can get to 'ground zero' I can keep it up better. that's the thing about new home ownership (note this is another side bar) with new home ownership, its a lot different from purchasing a, shall we call it used home. You have to purchase everything from toilet paper holders to washer & dryer.You also have to design & build the storage area, closets, etc. (side bar over) I also want to help people. I recently have grown an interest in helping the homeless. After making a donation this past winter, and seeing homeless babies that needed help, I have made more donations, and want to make the time to help more.

I guess all of this is about re finding myself. I used to be fun & laugh more. I want to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment